Concrete Experts has been a concrete contractor in Houston for over 15 years. A family owned business we build with an eye to the future. Our reputation and quality will be passed from one generation to the next.
At Concrete Experts our name says it all. For small to medium size concrete projects we can help you with any phase of concrete construction from floors to foundations, driveways to patio we have staff on hand that are truly experts as concrete contractors. We have been serving the Houston and surrounding cities since 1982. A concrete contractor based out of Spring Texas, we will travel to you or provide over the phone quotes for free anywhere in and around Houston.
Many concrete contractors in Houston can do your project on time and budget. We know lasting relationships come from good pricing and quality work. No one remembers what it costs, but they never forget how it comes out. Concrete Experts provide the final concrete finish in a quality manner that is sure to please for years to come. Stamped concrete, foundation and additions, stained concrete, driveway replacement, and quality repairs, can only be done by someone who has dedicated their life’s work to concrete. When you want a quality contractor in Houston, call Concrete Experts. We respond quickly over the phone especially. Call with dimensions or email your plans to us or fax to 832-592-9269. Having been a concrete contractor for over 15 years, we rarely need/want or have time to look at your project for pricing. We are more than happy to provide onsite quotes but they take some time and flexibility to schedule. We provide over the phone estimates, with accuracy and detail. We can also write up and email you a detailed concrete proposal. Onsite or over the phone, you will get an estimate handwritten and emailed instantly. We believe in a quick response. A concrete contractor with experience installers and a dedicated sales team, to get your concrete project scheduled and executed. We are based out of Spring TX but will travel to you anywhere in Houston.
Our main area of expertise is in Stained Concrete and Stamped Concrete. We serve the following areas; Houston, The Woodlands, Conroe, Spring and Kingwood.
Choosing a concrete contractor in Houston
We have completed many projects in homes and office buildings in and around Houston. Whatever type of concrete work in Houston you want to see, we can usually direct you to a public location to see our concrete work first hand. Many concrete contractors can bid your job, if it’s important to get it done right, here’s a check list:
- 1.Do they have Liability Insurance? See or get a certificate emailed. It’s not expensive if the company has a good history of no accidents.
- 2.Get a few references, at least one from a repeat customer. Repeat customers like builders, remodelers are a good indication of experience and trustworthiness. They won’t endorse someone unreliable.
- 3.Pictures are worth a thousand words. If they don’t have pictures of their own work move along.
- 4.Company name, website, address, BBB rating, are all important facts to have on file before a problem comes up. If you can’t find them on the internet, frankly they don’t exist.
- 5.Get details of your concrete proposals, for apple to apple comparisons. Are they using rebar? Providing sand, compaction, haul off of fill dirt, and joints placement spacing?
- 6.What is the concrete mix design? Insist on a copy from a concrete ready mix company for your records. Pay for the concrete direct, how far is it coming from
- 7.What are their payment terms? This is key. On a typical concrete job we charge %40 after forms placed and rebar on site, %20 goes directly to concrete ready mix company delivering cement %40 upon finish. If you give a concrete contractor half to start well that’s all the profit of the job with no work done. Be prepared for delays!
- 8.Check the contract! We rarely use signed contracts. We find a verbal contract and a handshake will suffice. Usually, a proposal with scope of work, payment schedule and invoice suffice for our record keeping. Written contracts are too slanted in either party’s direction, avoid or read carefully.
- 9.Ask to come out and see work in progress if you don’t mind being a pain in the neck and have time to. A concrete contractor who is not currently working on something is unseasoned.
- 10.Concrete contractors are very specialized groups who usually stick to one type of work. Find one that has experience in your particular type of concrete project. Good pictures help establish experience.
- 11.If they suggest wire mesh or no mesh instead of tightly spaced rebar, it’s a good indicator of their lack of commitment on quality. It is more work and material cost to lay rebar, but what is .25 cents now versus replacement in 10 years.
- 12.Everyone does their work differently and I give great credit to any concrete contractor in the arena, for truly it is a craft and tremendous undertaking at times. It takes a special type of intelligent person to be a concrete contractor. These guidelines are just a way to help you find the right concrete contractor for your project.